Friday, January 29, 2010

Brand New Me, Brand New You

I was watching The Monique Show, and India.arie, one of my most favorite singers performed, and I felt blessed to hear her. She expressed her doubts when writing this new album, her fears and concerns about her career, and how she had harnessed that energy and poured it into her music. I really understood her feelings of indecision, but wanted her to know how her music feeds us. She can't quit. I wanted her to know that she's among friends who share her walk. That we derive something uplifting and wonderful from her music.

Last night, I had a book chat with fun and spirited bookclub, LiveLoveLaughBooks, and we had a great time. They had insightful, complimentary and intelligent things to say about The Perfect Seduction, and they left me with with a powerful understanding of why it is I sit at my desk and type all day long. In March, it's been eighteen years of manuscripts, rewrites, publishers, editors, galleys, computers, hard drives, floppy disks, flash drives, photos, bookcovers, pens, notebooks, ink cartridges and brain cells. Eighteen years and I'm still here. So what's next? More books, of course. I still have ideas. Good ones too, and that's what readers want. That's what I want to give them. That's what I bring to the feast.

No comments: